JULY 5 - 27, 2018
College/Pro Intensive 2018 / $2200*
- TRAIN JULY 5 - 27, 2018 AT THE HOME OF GUS GIORDANO, GODFATHER OF JAZZ DANCE
- *Apply by February 28, 2018 to receive scholarship funds
- Gus gave thousands of dancers scholarships & Amy continues the tradition today in honor of her father
- COLLEGE/PRO INTENSIVE will prepare you for any career in dance
- Performances Friday, July 27 COLLEGE/PRO INTENSIVE dancers perform a minimum of 10 pieces in both shows. As a professional dancer you will need to know how to pick up choreography quickly & process information effectively. This skill is extremely beneficial for all auditions and in your professional career
- Committed faculty gives individualized attention to each dancer allowing maximum improvement
- COLLEGE/PRO INTENSIVE helps dancers strengthen weaknesses, polish strengths as well as master new skills & concepts
- Housing suggestions & emails of dancers accepted into the program will be emailed late spring to coordinate housing with other dancers
- Required attire will be emailed upon acceptance into program
- Classes & rehearsals 30+ hours per week
- Alumni trained by Gus Giordano include Lane Alexander, Marcus Alford, Homer Bryant, Tuni Deignan, Ian Eastwood, Elijah Gibson, Rhee Gold, Gregory Hines, Laura Klein, Jon Lehrer, Jimmy Locust, Harrison McEldowney, Abby Lee Miller, Judi Missett, Pattie Obey, Alisan Porter, Nick Pupillo, Susan Quinn, Kirby Reed, Matthew Shaffer, LaVelle Smith, Richard Smith, Patrick Swayze, Joe Tremaine, Denise Wall, Colleen Zenk to name just a few of the thousands he trained!
MASTER TEACHERS INCLUDE
• Marcus Alford
• Tuni Deignan
• Elijah Gibson
• Laura Klein
• Jimmy Locust
• Pattie Obey
• Susan Quinn
• Kirby Reed
• Richard Smith
• And more!
PLUS FACULTY FROM
• Ballet Hispanico
• Broadway Shows
• Chicago Human Rhythm Project
• Colleges & Universities
• Culture Shock
• DanceWorks Chicago
• Gus Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago
• Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
• Inaside Chicago Dance
• Joffrey Ballet
• The Kate Jablonski Statement
• Thodos Dance Chicago
• Visceral Dance Chicago
• Giordano Jazz
• Giordano Repertoire
• Jazz Funk
• Hip Hop
*tap experience not required
Friday July 27
"I feel so humbled to have been a part of this intensive with some of the most passionate, inspiring, innovative, and knowledgable teachers. I never thought I would've grown so much in the three weeks as a dancer and as a human being. Without you continuing Gus' Legacy, I wouldn't have been able to have this life-changing experience. (Amy) you are, by far, one of the most incredible woman I have ever met. Thank you (Amy) for showing me love and compassion. You have made an everlasting impact on my life. You have been a mentor, an inspiration, a role model, and I aspire to have a heart like yours. My greatest blessing would be to make my dad even half as proud as I know you have made yours."
- College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 20
"I am so thrilled to have made the decision to come to Gus this summer. Amy's upbeat demeanor, words of encouragement and passion for keeping this magical legacy alive all come to fruition as one of the best programs I've ever attended. I have rediscovered my love for jazz - and dance in general - and look forward to what the future may hold."
- College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 23
"Words don't even come close to how grateful I am to Amy for making my time and Gus Giordano Dance School so filled with love. I learned so much about myself as a dancer and person, and will be forever grateful to have trained with such incredible artists - and none of it would have been possible without her hard work, dedication, passion and kindness. She made me feel individually cared for and supported - certainly accomplishing the goal of making the Gus Giordano Dance School feel like family. I am sure Gus would be proud to see the loving and enlivened way she continues his legacy. I am truly honored to now be a part of that legacy, and I will approach the world with the type of component suitable for being affiliated with Gus' name! A thousand thank you's for the never-ending snacks, your abounding love and wisdom, and an experience of a lifetime."
- College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 22
"This College/Pro Intensive is one of the best experiences I have had not only just in dance, but in life. I met some amazing people and learned so much from the variety of teachers. The quality of instruction was outstanding. The teachers were very encouraging and also pushed us to our limits each day. The positive environment allowed for me to let go and focus on expanding my movement and performance as a dancer. I would highly recommend this Intensive to anyone that is serious about dance as a career!"
- College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 24
"My daughter had some very specific things she needed to work on and she grew tremendously as a dancer as a result from the training and guidance you gave her. The diversity of the training required the dancers to grow and master movement that challenged them. I thank you and your staff for staying so positive and encouraging. My daughter has moved to a whole new level of dancing. Chicago is a wonderful city and the dance schedule allowed my daughter to fully experience the city while accommodating the amazing dance schedule."
- Parent of College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 19
"This summer was filled with nothing but opportunities to grow in my art, learn new ideas, and connect with familiar and new faces. I am so humbled to have been given three opportunities to perform and represent Gus Giordano Dance; it was a big responsibility that I valued very much. As for the faculty, I give my upmost respect and gratitude for sharing their knowledge, experiences, and advice."
- College/Pro Intensive Dancer Age 21